Copyright © Bridgwater Blake Museum 2016
First-hand Cookies are neither requested nor generated by this site
Until 1953 the Museum only occupied the historic Tudor merchant’s house
that had been purchased for a museum by the Town Council in 1924
Museum Galleries 1926 - 1953
Museum Galleries 1953 - 1962
In 1953 the partition separating off the garage was removed and the room extended.
The Diorama of the Battle of Sedgemoor was installed in 1956.
Museum Galleries 1962 - c1995
No. 7 Blake Street - a cottage - was purchased by the Town Council in 1958, and after four years’ work was added to the Museum
in 1962. A display case and a picture store was built in the Gallery. An archaeology store was built in the back room downstairs
Museum Galleries c1995 - 2009
In about 2000 Sedgemoor District Council purchased the Mill to incorporate it into the Museum.
Following a fire in 1995, one wing and the wall of the upper storey were demolished
If you wish to use any of the images contained within this website, please ask for permission first.
Please do not steal other peoples work.